Case Manager Bilingual- French Speaking
Starting date: ASAP
Salary: Starting at $46,000
Location: Charlotte Street, Sydney
The YMCA of Cape Breton is looking for dynamic self-starters to join our team as a Case Manager supporting, our Nova Scotia Works Employment Services Centres.
The YMCA of Cape Breton is one of the largest charities in Nova Scotia and a member of one of the most recognized organizations in the world. Its mission is to connect and ignite the potential in people, helping them grow and give back to our communities. Through building connections with people at all ages and stages of their lives – as well as the broader community – the YMCA of Cape Breton serves over 10 000 people annually.
Programs and services focus on addressing economic, health and social issues, these include health, fitness and aquatics; licensed childcare; employment programs (Nova Scotia Works); youth programming and related community services. The YMCA occupies 13 program sites across Cape Breton Island.
The YMCA of Cape Breton offers a great workplace culture achieved through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, values differences, celebrates achievements and supports full participation by all employees. The YCB provides 185+ employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of those within our communities.
Case Managers are responsible for assessing an individual’s employment/career needs and identify those who are suitable for case management. Case managers work with these individuals in a collaborative, client driven process to develop a Return-to-Work Action Plan (RTWAP). These actions of a Case Manager must address the specific needs of the client as documented in their goals. The Case Manager must support accountability by organizing service delivery that is appropriate, coordinated, and timely to address client needs and desired outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct client needs assessment, including Level 1 and Level 2 Assessments (others as needed).
- Identify strengths and barriers to employment; Develop a RTWAP plan to address barriers.
- Remain abreast of funding programs, community organizations, service providers and referral agencies:
- Maintain client files in web-based application while complying with privacy protocols;
- Actively participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings;
- Deliver information sessions and conduct employment related workshops, as required;
- Liaise with other agencies on behalf of Nova Scotia Works, participating in committees, projects or activities, when appropriate;
- Monitor and evaluate RTWAP – adjust as needed;
- Participate in program and service development that is responsive to the evolving needs of clients – ensuring maximum effectiveness and efficiency
- Must be willing to cross train and assume other duties, as required.
- Not applicable
- Bilingualism (French) and previous case management experience considered an asset;
- Degree or post-secondary education in Human Services field or related field of study or a combination of education and work-related experience;
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills – experience working with cloud computing considered an asset;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple, competing deadlines and tasks;
- Demonstrated discretion and sound judgment in the handling of confidential information;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail in the resolution of issues, process improvement and evaluation;
- High level of initiative is needed to work independently and respond to unanticipated items;
- Committed to professional development and career self-management;
- Strong communication and presentation skills – experience facilitating considered an asset, and;
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate variations outside of regular business hours, as needed.
- Office environment
- Repetitive Work
- Working alone
- Travel may be required
- Participation in Comprehensive Group Benefits and Pension Program
- Individual & Family YMCA Membership
- Strong Work Life Balance Programs (i.e., Paid Personal, Flex Work options and Vacation Days)
- Discounted Childcare and Camp Rates
Reports to: Operations Manager
Note: Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check/ Vulnerable Sector Check and Child Abuse Registry Check. They will also be required to attend YMCA Child Protection Training, as well as successfully complete First Aid and CPR training. Travel will be required.
The YMCA of Cape Breton is an equal opportunity employer that values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
How To Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing YMCA-NSW-CM-FR2023. Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants must be bilingual (English & French).
We look forward to hearing from you!