The YMCA of Cape Breton wants everyone to have the opportunity to take part in its programs and enjoy its facilities and services. Financial Assistance is available for those who feel they would benefit from joining the YMCA, but are financially unable to pay the full general membership and/or program fees.
The YMCA Financial Assistance program is supported by dollars raised through our YToonie fundraiser and other fundraising events like Monte Carlo. It is through the outstanding generosity of our YMCA family and friends that everyone can have a YMCA experience.
Do you need financial assistance so that you or a loved one can participate in a YMCA program? We are here to help.
· Complete the application form and gather the necessary information
· Bring your completed application and information to Membership Services for us to review Download & Print the Financial Assistance Application
Frequently asked questions
Q. If I receive assistance, what is expected of me?
· We ask that you keep all information and fees discussed confidential.
Q. Is it possible to join the YMCA for free?
· Everyone must pay some portion of our membership/program fee.
Q. Can the YMCA deny my application for membership and/or program assistance?
· Your request could be denied if your financial information does not identify an inability to pay for the fees or if you are missing some of the required information.
Q. How do I renew my membership?
· All memberships have an expiration date. The YMCA does not remind you when your membership expires. As a member, it is your responsibility to contact Membership Services to renew your membership. You must bring in your current income documents to be renewed.
Financial Assistance Application Form