YThrive gives you a fitness plan along with the support to get started and stay motivated. It is the easiest way to get into the best shape of your life.
Whether you are looking to enhance your athletic performance, lose weight, increase your energy or reduce stress, YThrive is the answer for you.
YThrive is an exercise and coaching program set up to support members with their fitness experience at the YMCA. It’s the easiest way to get into the best shape of your life, and at no extra cost — that’s right, absolutely free forever — because you’re a valued Y member. The biggest barrier to getting and staying active isn’t necessarily the exercise itself, it’s knowing what exercises to do to reach your goals. How many reps? How many sets? How much cardio? This exercise program gives you the tools you need so you can spend your time working on yourself, instead of worrying about planning exercises.
If you sign up for YThrive you will get a one-on-one session with one of our talented coaches to talk about what your goals are. The coach will work with you to come up with a personalized plan that best fits you and work with you at the Fitness Centre to go through the workouts! And, every 90 days, you get a new routine and a new set of results.
YThrive Introduction to the Five Streams
There are five different streams based on your familiarity with fitness, fitness level, and age:
- Begin: Kick-start the path to a HEALTHIER you. Designed for those new or returning to fitness.
- Balance: Put a more ACTIVE you in motion. For those who have some fitness experience looking to increase energy levels and improve overall health.
- Boost: Put a FASTER you in motion. Designed with the active and experienced exerciser in mind. Boost will help you lose weight and reduce health risks.
- Flex: Put a STRONGER you in motion. Flex will help you increase lean body mass and burn more calories. Intended for members with exercise experience.
- Grow (10-15): Join the FUN! Grow is designed for youth ages 10-15. Develop healthy habits and stay active.
If you’re interested in learning more about YThrive or would like to book an appointment, please reach out to our Membership Services desk, Frank Rudderham YMCA (902) 562-9622, Membertou YMCA (902) 270-9622