Your membership comes with a full list of benefits to not only your local Y, but to YMCAs nationwide!
The YMCA of Cape Breton has something for everyone. As a member of one of Canada’s leading charitable organizations, we are committed to nurturing the potential of children, youth and families, promoting healthy living and fostering social responsibility within the community.
- YMCA facilities include options for a diverse range of activities such as fully certified aquatics programs, adult fitness and lifestyle programs as well as a range of children’s programs.
- The YMCA encourages families to enjoy time together – families can swim, use the gymnasium and attend fitness and recreation classes.
- YMCA memberships include full-facility access as well as ongoing personal program design.
- Access to all YMCAs nationwide.
- No locked-in contract or cancellation fees
- Ability to put your membership on hold for up to 12 weeks at no charge
- A complimentary fitness consultation to get you started and expert staff to help you achieve your fitness goals
- Access to YThrive and YHome – ask your membership services staff for more info
- Unlimited adult fitness and aquatics classes (pre-registration may be required with some classes)
- Member discount on some health management and certification programs
- Open gym time and recreational sports
- Open and lane swims
- Day use of lockers
- Guest privileges at all Canadian YMCAs
- Child minding at convenient times helping you make the most of your membership while giving your kids a safe and fun place to play
- Access to two facilities – The Frank Rudderham Family YMCA and our Membertou Branch
Looking for a way to make your busy day a little easier? With our PLUS Membership, you will have access to our adult only locker rooms with a steam room, day use lockers, kitchenette and lounge area for members 18 years and over for an additional fee. Available at the Frank Rudderham Family YMCA.
- Registered swim lessons once per week
- Recreational swim and gym times
- Age specific drop-in activities weekly
- Opportunities to make friends
- Member discount on some YMCA courses and certification programs
- Lockers are for day-use only and locks can be purchased at our Membership Desk.
- The YMCA is a scent-free environment.
- A YMCA membership is a privilege. Please respect policies, members, and property at all times.
- A valid government-issued photo I.D. is required for non-members 18 and over.
- Visit our Membership Desk for complete details.
To become a member, simply drop by our Membership Services Desk anytime during the hours we are open, or call (902) 562-9622. We’re happy to give you a tour, answer any questions you may have and welcome you as a member!